GP Wish List
Items currently in need
It is through the generosity and support of our community that Gillian’s Place has been able to evolve into the organization it is today; a safe haven of support and resources for those experiencing abuse.
Donating a gift card allows a mother the flexibility to make necessary purchases for themselves and their children. Our clients often need to buy clothing for school and work, school supplies, fresh food, tableware or small appliances when moving into their new home. Gift cards help to ensure that they can get exactly what they need, and restores some of the dignity and freedom of choice that was stolen from them.
The following are examples of gift certificates that are most useful: Grocery cards (President's Choice, Sobeys, Foodland, Food Basics), gas cards, St. Catharines Transit passes, Regional Transit passes, Wal-Mart, Shoppers Drug Mart, Giant Tiger, and Canadian Tire, Christian Benefit Shop
Items currently in need
Please note that at this time we are only able to accept essential items. Our regular donations have been suspended for the time being during this COVID-19 pandemic. We are focusing on current needs only at this time.
Emergency Purposes (new or used):
- Cell phones with charger for clients to call 911
Urgent Need (NEW only):
- Women's underwear - size small & medium
- Women's pajamas - size small & medium
- Women's slippers - with hard &/or gripped soles - all sizes
- Diapers - size 7 & 4
Additional current Needs (NEW only):
- Women's pajamas (size large, x-large)
- Women's underwear (sizes large, x-large)
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Hair brushes
- Shaving cream
- Body Lotion
- Towels (Bath, hand, face)
- Sheet sets (size twin)
- Comforters (size twin)
- Lounge wear (plain t-shirts, yoga pants, shorts, plain hoodies - all sizes)
- Laundry baskets
- Houseware items - toasters, kettles, small coffee makers, cutlery, dish sets, glassware
Please note we currently do NOT need feminine hygiene products.
Gillian's Place is extremely appreciative of all the donations we receive. If you require any other information, please don't hesitate to contact us. Due to our secure location, we manage all donations by appointment. We would ask that you call ahead to schedule an appointment to drop off your donation.
We are UNABLE to accept:
- Sample/travel/hotel sizes;
- Bar Soap;
- Hair Dye;
- Dietary Supplement;
- Coats or jackets
- Men's clothing / socks / coats;
- No Shoes or any footwear.
Due to health and safety issues, and lack of capacity to sort and store items, we can no longer accept used donations. Fortunately, we have developed partnerships with local organizations that are able to accept used items.
- Christian Benefit Shop: 254 Grantham Ave, St. Catharines (905) 682-8944
- St. Vincent DePaul: 67 Queenston Street, St. Catharines (905) 684-2042
- Niagara Furniture Bank: 53 Ontario Street, St. Catharines (905) 682-8371
- GBF Community Services: 40 Elm St, Grimsby (905) 309-5664
- Matthew 25: 42 Division St., Welland (905) 732-5555