STATEMENT REGARDING COVID-19
Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, Gillian’s Place is taking the following precautionary measures to ensure the health and wellbeing of our clients, staff, volunteers and visitors. In addition to an extensive prevention protocol and business continuity plan being implemented within our two locations, effective immediately, and until further notice:
- All non-essential business meetings taking place at either of our locations will be cancelled or scheduled virtually;
- All volunteer shifts will be cancelled;
- Prior to entering either of our locations, everyone will be screened for recent travel, proximity to others who have tested positive for COVID-19, and known symptoms of COVID-19;
- Hand sanitation prior to entering our buildings will be required; and
- Our Red Carpet - Black Tie Gala scheduled for March 28, 2020 will be cancelled.
We remain committed to ensuring the safety of women and children and our 24/7 crisis line, shelter and support services will continue without disruption, and we have put together a list of resources for women who may be experiencing domestic violence and for our community to learn ways in which they can support a loved one.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely, take direction from the Public Health department, and provide updates via our website and through our social media channels.