Volunteers are an important part of the Gillian’s Place team. Your contribution as a volunteer allows us to provide the best service and support to our families. Please note Gillian's Place is not recruiting new volunteers until spring 2019.
If you are interested in volunteering at Gillian’s Place or Gillian's Place- West Niagara, please read our volunteer intake procedures and complete the volunteer application form. Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview if a position is available. Our agency does not discriminate and considers all volunteer applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation and disability.
Please note volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Gillian's Place also requires a two year waiting period before considering former clients and/or previous victims of violence for a volunteer position.
Some of our volunteer opportunities include
- Donation Sorting
- Shelter Care & Maintenance
- Specialized Skills (hairdresser, yoga teacher, tax accountant etc.)
Develop Your Own Project!
Are you looking to promote team building and have fun while supporting an organization that provides critical services to women and children? Build and strengthen your team while making a difference beyond your walls.
Here are some ideas:
- Host a food drive and help sort and organize food
- Yard clean up (weeding and planting)
- Host a gift drive to collect back-to-school supplies, toiletries or participate in one of our holiday programs
- Sort in-kind donations and clean and organize donation rooms
- Organize an employee fundraiser at work
- Become a Team Captain and recruit a workplace team to participate in one of our events
- Volunteer as a group at one of our events
If you have any questions about volunteering at Gillian's Place, please contact our Development and Volunteer Coordinator at 905-684-4000 ext. 233 or email for more information.
VOLUNTEERS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
A volunteer is a person who believes that people can make a difference – and is willing to prove it. – Anonymous